Who can access funding?
We are only able to allocate limited grants. You will be notified if your grant applicaiton has been successful. If required, we are able to assist in the completion of your application.
We will provide up to 75% funding of a course of treatment.
For your application to be considered you will be:
- In receipt of a means-tested benefit. See our list of eligible benefits.
- Seeking therapy with an appropriately-qualified practitioner in an accepted complementary therapy.
See our list of approved therapies.
- Resident in Worcestershire, Herefordshire or Gloucestershire.
What type of benefit do I need to be on?
To be eligible for a grant you need to be in receipt of at least one of the following means-tested benefits:
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income Support
- Pension Credit
- Tax Credits (Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit)
- Housing Benefit
- Council Tax Support
- Social Fund (Sure Start Maternity Grant, Funeral Payment, Cold Weather Payment)
- Universal Credit
You will need to supply evidence of this when applying. Information supplied is treated in absolute confidence.
What type of therapy can I get?
The following therapies are accepted as being embraced by the first and second groups originally defined by House of Lords Science and Technology Committee report on complementary and alternative medicine:
- herbal medicine
- Alexander technique
- massage and similar body work therapies
- stress relief therapy
- spiritual healing
In addition, therapists practising within the above disciplines must have a level of qualification and insurance acceptable to 3CHH, for their patients to be eligible for funding.